4 oz. (115 g) cake flour (low-gluten)
2.8 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Japanese matcha powder
1/3 cup. sugar
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup water
4 egg whites
1 cup whipped cream.
5 oz. milk
1oz. cream cheese
The appropriate amount of salt
- Heat the cheese on a bowl of hot water until it turns smooth then mix it with heavy whipped cream egg yolk evenly.
- Add the sugar into the egg white then whip the egg white into the stiff peak.
- Blend 1/3 whipped egg white with the cheese mixture, then add the rest of the whipped egg and mix them evenly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder.
- Gradually add the sifted powder and mix them evenly.
- Heat the oven to 340°-360° F (170°-180° C)
- Pour the mixture into a chiffon cake pan, and lightly tap the bottom a few times to remove trapped air. Bake for 35-40 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Place the pan upside down and let it cool.
- Blend the milk, sugar, and cornstarch on top of hot water.
- Add cream cheese when it is still warm, blend until smooth. Cool down after adding the salt.
- Whip the cream to 80 percent, then add into the mixture.
Like our recipe? Click here to subscribe for our weekly free recipes