Boba Milk Tea Cake Roll
I’ve been dreaming about this boba milk tea cake for quite some time. It’s been a long time coming but I’ve finally perfected the recipe. It's like eating the bubble tea instead of drinking it, very yummy, strongly recommend.
Loose Yunnan Black Tea: 0.2oz
Heavy Whipped Cream 5.3oz
hot water: 2oz
Corn oil: 2oz
Cake Flour: 2.4oz
Grounded Yunnan black tea: 0.2oz
- Mix 5.3oz cream with 6g black tea
- Seal them in the cup then put into the fridge for 24 hours.
- Brew the black tea with hot water then cool them down.
- Boil the Tapioca pearls in the hot water, then cool them down and put away after soft.
- Measure the weight of all the ingredients then put them away.
- Separate the egg white and white yolk. Put them separately in two clean pots.
- Put the baking sheet on top of an 8-inch square bake pan then pre-heat the oven to 330 degree
- Mix the corn oil evenly with the egg yolk.
- Add pre-brewed black tea and blend evenly
- Add grounded black tea and blend evenly.
- Add cake flour and blend evenly.
- Put the mixed flour away.
- Add the sugar to the egg whites gradually for three times then whisk it until they form soft peaks.
- Blend 1/3 of whipped egg white with the egg yolk paste evenly then add extra 2/3 of whipped egg white then mix.
- Put them into the baking pan and whip flat, bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Take the cake out the oven then cool it down.
- Filter the cold brewed milk tea then add 15g sugar.
- Whip the cream until they form the soft peak.
- Whip the cream on the cake.
- Add the pre-made tapioca pearls.
- Roll the cake up.
- Put it into the fridge for 30 minutes then enjoy.